Braided and Stranded Ropes & Cables
We offer Copper Stranded Rope, Cables and Wire as well as Copper Braided Rope, Cables and Wire made using thin copper (Cu) wires braided or twisted together with a right hand or left hand twist on the cables provided. Multiple strands of copper are grouped together and braided into a round hollow shape, post which it is pressed into desired width and thickness. We also offer the provision of solderless and seamless tubular lugs around the strips of rope, wire and cable.
Copper Stranded Rope, Cables and Wire & Copper Braided Rope, Cables and Wire offer additional flexibility in comparison to single strand copper wire of the same cross section with the added benefit of easier connection. Additionally, Braided and Stranded Rope provide added wire longevity for applications with moderate to high vibration. Copper Braided Rope, Cables and Wire as well as Copper Stranded Rope, Cables and Wire see applications in welding and power equipment for electrical components as well as to conduct welding current in welding tools and lines.
Standard Specifications we offer for our Copper Braided and Stranded Ropes:
- High Flexibility & Conductivity ETP Grade Copper (Cu) with a minimum copper content of 99.90% and is ROHS Compliant
- Conductivity (IACS at 20 °C ): Based on Material Thickness, ranges from 97.00% – 99.25%
- Cross-sectional area for Stranded Ropes: 2 mm2 to 500+ mm2
- Cross-sectional area for Braided Ropes: 75 mm2 to 120+ mm2
- Right-Hand or Left-Hand twist available on request
- Braided Tapes & Rope can be Bare, Tin or Silver coated
- Plating on contact area: Bare, Tinned & Silver coating finish
- Insulation coating available on request: Insulation can be PE, PVC, Fibre-Glass, Anti-Tracking, etc.
Torsion Industries specialises in supplying Copper Stranded Rope, Cables and Wire & Copper Braided Rope, Cables and Wire according to CUSTOM requirements. We can provide job – specific solutions according to application.
Why Choose Torsion Industries?
We are a leading manufacturer of Copper Stranded Rope, Cables and Wire as well as Copper Braided Rope, Cables and Wire based in Mumbai, India.
- Superior Service: We offer the latest customizable jointing solutions for electrical equipment, distribution systems and numerous other industry applications
- Quality Commitment: We at Torsion Industries are committed to the highest quality standards, accredited
- Strategically Located: We are situation in the heart of the commercial capital of India, Mumbai. Providing us with quick turn-around times and low cost, timely delivery PAN- India and globally
- Experienced Personnel: Established in the year 1990, Torsion Industries has 25+ years of experience in designing, manufacturing and testing flexibles and connectors supplied in India and Internationally
- Manufacturing Facility: Our new state of the art 1500 sq. meter facility leverages top of the line machinery coupled with highly skilled workforce and is ISO certified, with an in-house, design, testing and R&D facility
Torsion Industries specialises in manufacturing Copper Stranded Rope, Cables and Wire as well as Copper Braided Rope, Cables and Wire according to CUSTOM requirements. We can provide job – specific solutions according to requirement.
Advantages of using Braided and Stranded Rope
- Added Flexibility using Braided Copper Rope and Stranded Copper Rope in comparison to single strand of copper with same cross section
- Extremely long flex life, with especially strong demand in the use of moving parts in equipment and heavy machinery
- Improved Mechanical Strength. Due to highly calibrated designs with sufficient flexibility, Copper Braided and Stranded Ropes also provide good mechanical strength and an ability to withstand severe electrical stress
- Excellent Conductivity is obtained by using copper braided and stranded ropes, providing highly efficiency transmission of current
- High Purity of Braided and Stranded Copper Cables provides protection from voltage drops and issues in conductivity
Industrial Applications of Braided and Stranded Rope
- Round and Stranded Copper Flexible Cables are used in highly flexible earthing connectors, lightning protection and earth leads commonly seen in Building Constructions, Switchgears and other industries
- They are used in manufacturing Air Circuit Breaker Shunts and Vacuum Circuit Breaker Shunts
- Used in manufacturing Copper Braided Flexible Connectors and other power connectors, with common application in building Bus-ways and Bus-ducts as well as transformers, generators and other power distribution set-ups
- Additionally, Braided and Stranded Copper Ropes conduct welding current for welding tools and other heavy duty machinery and equipment which has vibrations and movements