Air Cooled Cables
We manufacture Air Cooled Cables using thin copper (Cu) braided tapes and rope, which are innovatively stranded, allowing cables to be bent, twisted and looped under dynamic or static loading. Design can be fully customizable upon our customers requirements.
Standard Specifications we offer for our Air Cooled Flexible Jumpers:
- Single Wire Diameter – 0.07 mm to 0.30 mm
- High Flexibility & Conductivity ETP Grade Copper (Cu) with a minimum copper content of 99.90%
- HV: Bright Annealed (Max HV-55)
- Conductivity (IACS at 20 °C ): Based on Material Thickness, ranges from 97.00% – 99.25%
- Cross-sectional area: 25mm2 to 6000+ mm2
- Braided Tapes & Rope can be bare, tin or silver coated
- Polyolefin, Polyvinyl Chloride, Silicon, Anti-Tracking and Fibre-Glass Insulation coating available on request
- Cable ends are assembled solderless, with press welded or crimped lugs provided bare and on request tin (Sn) or silver (Ag) coated
Torsion Industries specialises in making Air Cooled Cables according to CUSTOM requirements. We can provide job – specific solutions according to sizing, current rating and fitment required, etc.
Additionally, we also specialise in manufacturing Copper Braided Flexible Connectors, Jumpers and Shunts according to specifications and requirement of our clients.
Why Choose Torsion Industries?
We are a leading manufacturer of Copper Laminated Flexible Connectors, Shunts and Copper Laminated Flexible Jumpers or Aluminium Laminated Flexible, Shunts and Aluminium Laminated Flexible Jumpers based in Navi Mumbai, India.
- Superior Service: We offer the latest customizable jointing solutions for electrical equipment, distribution systems and numerous other industry applications
- Quality Commitment: We at Torsion Industries are committed to the highest quality standards, accredited
- Strategically Located: We are situation in the heart of the commercial capital of India, Mumbai. Providing us with quick turn-around times and low cost, timely delivery PAN- India and globally
- Experienced Personnel: Established in the year 1990, Torsion Industries has 25+ years of experience in designing, manufacturing and testing flexibles and connectors supplied in India and Internationally
- Manufacturing Facility: Our new state of the art 1500 sq. meter facility leverages top of the line machinery coupled with highly skilled workforce and is ISO certified, with an in-house, design, testing and R&D facility
Torsion Industries specialises in manufacturing Copper Laminated Connectors, Jumpers and Shunts as well as Aluminium Laminated Connectors, Jumpers and Shunts according to CUSTOM requirements. We can provide job – specific solutions according to bus-way sizing, current rating and fitment required, etc.
Advantages of using Air Cooled Cables
- Added Flexibility using Stranded Copper Rope in comparison to single strand of copper with same cross section
- Extremely long flex life, with especially strong demand in the use of moving parts in equipment and heavy machinery
- Improved Mechanical Strength. Due to highly calibrated designs with sufficient flexibility, Air Cooled Cables also provide good mechanical strength and an ability to withstand severe electrical stress
- Excellent Conductivity is obtained by using copper stranded ropes, providing highly efficiency transmission of current
- High Purity of Stranded Copper Cables provides protection from voltage drops and issues in conductivity
Industrial Applications of Air Cooled Cables
- Transformer and Rectifiers
- Connecting moveable gun-arms of certain types of welding guns to power cables
- Spot welding machines
- Fuel Cells
- Electrolytic Processes
- Furnaces, Induction Furnaces (Glass, Metal Melting)
- ISO-Phase Bus-ways
- Plating Processes
- Resistance Welding