Bi-Metallic Plates and Washers
We manufacture Copper and Aluminium (CUPAL) Bi-Metallic Sheets, Plates and CUPAL Bi-Metallic Washers using thin copper (Cu) sheet metal cladded on pure Alumininium (Base Metal). Both the metals are diffused together to form an inseparable single sheet, through the process of roll bonding.
Standard Specifications we offer for our CUPAL Bi-Metallic Sheets and CUPAL Bi-Metallic Washers:
- Aluminium = 99.90% min
- Copper = 99.90% min
- Standard Composition:
- By Volume (Type I) By Volume (Type II)
- Copper = 20% Copper = 15%
- Aluminium = 80% Aluminium = 85%
- By Weight (Type I) By Weight (Type II)
- Copper = 45% Copper = 40%
- Aluminium = 55% Aluminium = 40%
- By Volume (Type I) By Volume (Type II)
- Density at 200°C:
- Type I: 3.95 g/cm3
- Type II: 3.40 g/cm3
- Max electrical resistivity at 200°C:
- Type I: 2.6 u Ω/cm
- Type II: 2.8 u Ω/cm
- Conductivity (IACS at 200°C ): Based on Material Thickness, ranges from 65.00% – 63.00%
- Standard Sheet Size of 600 x 1000mm
- Standard Thickness: 1mm, 1.6mm, 2mm & 3mm
- Custom size and thickness also available on request
Torsion Industries specialises in making CUPAL Bi-metallic plates and CUPAL Bi-metallic washers according to CUSTOM requirements. We can provide job – specific solutions according to fitment required, and application, etc.
Additionally, we also specialise in manufacturing Copper and Aluminium Braided & Laminated Flexible Connectors, Jumpers and Shunts according to specifications and requirement of our clients.
Why Choose Torsion Industries?
We are a leading manufacture Copper Laminated Flexible Connectors, Shunts and Copper Laminated Flexible Jumpers or Aluminium Laminated Flexible, Shunts and Aluminium Laminated Flexible Jumpers based in Navi Mumbai, India.
- Superior Service: We offer the latest customizable jointing solutions for electrical equipment, distribution systems and numerous other industry applications
- Quality Commitment: We at Torsion Industries are committed to the highest quality standards, accredited with the latest ISO 9001:2015 certification
- Strategically Located: We are situation in the heart of the commercial capital of India, Mumbai. Providing us with quick turn-around times and low cost, timely delivery PAN-India and globally
- Experienced Personnel: Established in the year 1990, Torsion Industries has 25+ years of experience in designing, manufacturing and testing flexibles and connectors supplied in India and Internationally
- Manufacturing Facility: Our new state of the art 1500 sq. meter facility leverages top of the line machinery coupled with highly skilled workforce and is ISO certified, with an in-house, design, testing and R&D facility
Torsion Industries specialises in manufacturing Copper Laminated Connectors, Jumpers and Shunts as well as Aluminium Laminated Connectors, Jumpers and Shunts according to CUSTOM requirements. We can provide job – specific solutions according to bus-way sizing, current rating and fitment required, etc.
Advantages of using Bi-Metallic Plates and Washers:
- Washers prevent bi-metallic galvanic electro-corrosion at Copper and Aluminium joints
- CUPAL is not an alloy with Copper layers electroplated together to the Aluminium. The Copper layer is rather mechanically welded to the Aluminium sheet
- When Aluminium terminals are directly connected to Copper terminals to carry current at a high-voltage, it gives rise to a bi-metallic galvanising corrosion joint, resulting in high heat resistance. These heat joints are oxidised and lose contact causing sparking, voltage dropouts, power loss and failures. To avert such issues, CUPAL is used at dissimilar metal joints of Aluminium and Copper to make similar metals contact.
Industrial Applications of Bi-Metallic Plates and Washers:
- Substations & Switch yard Bi-metallic clamp and connections
- Cable lugs and cable end connectors
- Distribution, panel boards, bus-ducts and bus-bar chambers
- Bus-ducts and Plug-in Busways
- Isolators and switchgears
- Oil and Vacuum Circuit Breakers
- Overhead connectors
- Flexible Connectors